Thursday 19 March 2020

Media, Godzilla and a cinnamon scroll



Session 3 19/3/2020 Media

  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

CREATE! Listened to Anne Sinclair from Pt England. Sowed the notion of how much autonomy do we give to our learners? Opportunities to discover and explore. Use of the 'whole body' in learning, all the senses. Many clips to revisit, particularly Elwyn Richardson who drew on the local environs to facilitate learning.


What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

I discovered I already had a youtube channel and playlist! Kent showed us how to add to our playlist. We can embed it on on class and collaborate and share it with other teachers. Note though that the children are not creating their own account they are watching.

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners? 

Google slides - keep it clean, get rid of unnecessary backgrounds. Can insert a comment and only the editor can see it.

I endeavoured to create using Google drawings. Searching the web to find a picture of Godzilla and embedding a link to a web site. (* it is best to avoid Wikipedia. ) At the side the teacher can put instructions which the children can follow and ' colour in ' as they complete.

I tried creating an animation but found this challenging. Needed to ctrl d - duplicate the slide, then double click to advance the image using the arrow keys. I achieved an out of place bicycle on a streetscape that did move across the slide!

For lunch I enjoyed a cinnamon scroll...


No comments:

Post a Comment