Friday 8 May 2020

The end..or just the beginning...

The end or just the beginning?

Right! half an hour to unload on my blog then back for fun and games after the exam. I do not know my results as yet...My principal said I would find it intense and that proved to be the case. So not an awful lot of learning input today, more output...however


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
Ubiquitous. The DFI course first introduced me to this word and I have loved it ever since. I have seen it since everywhere, haha! ' Masks are ubiquitous ' I read in the paper. So as well as sounding like an interesting word, what does it mean? Any time, any place, anywhere learning in terms of Manaiakalani. The point being stressed was that rewindable learning makes it possible. Dorothy revisited the Summer learning Journey and the benefits to learners of maintaining their blogs particularly with Writing. With Reading the scores did not accelerate as much but they certainly didn't drop off.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
I think I will bundle these questions altogether today as it has been a different session in terms of delivery, largely sitting the exam. I will try and give some reflection to my time overall being as this is the last session.
Considering I have come from 'ground zero' I think I have learnt a lot and gained in confidence. It has been timely learning with the COVID event to manage distance learning. Having a class of year 2s I don't foresee having a great need for some aspects of the programme and know there is more to learn with the ipads I have in my classroom (under the tutelage of Cheryl) Nonetheless it has been worthwhile to be introduced to the entire Google suite and valuable to have time to rewind the learning. I have found it stressful and intense along the way, but acknowledge that others could have found it easy! Just like in a class. In that sense it has been valuable as well...to be a learner and experience and feel what it is like.
Nga Mihi
Sarah
PS you can see I need to wind back and find how to get macrons for te reo...that was way back....

No comments:

Post a Comment